Open Workshop: Birmingham
When: Thursday 29th January 2015, 9:30 to 5:00pm
Delegate Rate: £297 + VAT, including refreshments and lunch
In this competitive market it is more important than ever that when you win an opportunity to work on a client requirement – you fill it!
Many recruitment businesses are reporting an ever increasing demand in their market from clients to find good candidates. As the job market continues to grow the visible market of candidates seems to be decreasing. Today’s challenge involves finding enough good candidates in the right timescales to satisfy client demand.
- The Top 10 Resourcing Errors – and How to avoid them! Compiled over years of observation and coaching of experienced recruiters these common mistakes are costing agencies time and money every day in the UK.
- Developing a talent identification strategy. Finding good people requires an element of planning. Advertising is less effective than it has been in the past for many recruiters and a more proactive approach can help to target the right people in the right businesses.
- Getting more from your candidate database. Size isn’t everything when it comes to your candidate database. Just because you have the contact details of 1000’s of candidates doesn’t necessarily give you a competitive advantage. In a crowded agency market engagement is critical.
- How to find more prospective candidates. There are hidden talent pools all around us. Many of the places that you might considered to be covered are likely to have candidates you have missed for a variety of reasons. Finding these when your competitors don’t can help you to out perform them.
- The candidate lifecycle and the unspoken truth about passive candidates. Just ask an in demand individual how often they are approached by recruiters about “amazing opportunities”. The sheer volume of calls and emails they receive can desensitize them to the average recruiter’s approach. Understanding the psychology can help to create greater levels of differentiation.
- The psychology of the passive candidate and how to develop better engagement strategies. Empathy, respect and honesty all combine to create stronger engagement strategies. We will share techniques to increase the number of candidates you generate from your passive candidate activities.
- Using social media to develop brand and candidate pipeline. Social media is ever evolving – how are you making sure you get the most out of the channels at your disposal, without over investing time and energy? If your primary communication on social media revolves around your current live jobs you may not be getting the most out of it…
- Candidate control – how to predict how candidates will behave in the future. Being certain about how your candidate will behave throughout the process can help you to fill more of the jobs that you work on and reduce the probability of candidates backing out further down the line.
- Referrals – The original sourcing tool for recruiters. Before everything you currently use to find candidates today existed there was a phone, the newspaper and a fax machine. Referral generation wasn’t a “nice to have skill”, it was essential because your livelihood depended on it!
Use the form below to reserve your places today!
After this workshop all delegates will be able to:
- Create an effective resourcing strategy for their current live jobs
- Develop talent pipelines for their future vacancies as well as find more candidates for their immediate needs
- Assess and qualify candidates’ motivations and maintain good levels of positive control
- Approach passive candidates using written and telephone approaches
- Consistently generate direct and indirect referrals from conversations with candidates and clients